Thursday, March 5, 2009

low rider

I'm officially pulling out of the labor identification business on accounta I'm really terrible at it. I'm still here and, at the moment, getting no indication that will change any time soon. Oh well.

I had a couple of hours of pretty intense (and not at all ambiguous) contractions from about 4-6am this morning. My whole back hurt with each one and I was having a tough time relaxing through them. The breathing was going fine, the coping was going fine, but I was really having to work hard to get my muscles to relax. M and I both thought it was the real deal but we also both coaxed ourselves back to sleep because we figured we had a long day ahead of us. When I woke up again around 7:30am, nothing was happening. Bummer!

I totally get how people race into the hospital during false labor. If our birth plan involved heading to the hospital once we thought things were legitimately underway, I totally would have been in the car at 5am this morning... and they would have sent us home. So, I quit. No more predictions or declarations until we are 110% sure of what is going on!

I had my 39 week appointment today - nothing exciting to report. Amazingly, I lost half a pound since last week's appointment which I'm pretty sure is all about what I was wearing and the time of day rather than my actual body weight because I swear I've been eating about a billion calories a day lately. We went over the birth preferences M and I wrote out and I think she's totally on board with our goals. Next appointment will be on my due date but my OB said she hoped to see me sooner. :-)

So about that low rider business... this is what having "dropped" looks like around these parts:

My arms and hands kind of mess with the perspective so just trust me, I am loooow. My mom just about fell over when she saw me yesterday. I can find a public bathroom like nobody's business. Yup, that's my stupid human trick du jour.

4 comments:

R said...

YOu are sooooooooo low! OMG!! COME ON BABYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

tireegal68 said...

okay - I am a bit slow but I finally figured out it's you from BBC by looking at the picture - even without the head! I think it was the hair that helped. I found your blog on the other BBC gals' blogrolls. I hope things go really well for you! Sending good vibes for a great labor - ( not sure what that is, but I am sure you will know it when it happens!)
TG:)

Luisa said...

OMG the stork will be making a delivery real soon. I hope everything goes well for you. I can't wait for news of the new arrival. GL & BW

Anonymous said...

thats one beautiful-lookin' belly! im so excited for ya'll!