Wednesday, June 25, 2008

on the rocks

We have five snowbabies.

FIVE.

Five frozen blasts, all cryopreserved on day 6, just waiting for us to use them as we see fit.

I am on top of the world. Just knowing that we can try 2-3 more times without another egg retrieval is the hugest weight off my shoulders. Also, what does it say about the quality of the two we transferred that even after they skimmed the best two off the top, we still had five little troopers make it to a day 6 freeze?! Those little superstars we transferred come from good stock, apparently.

When I got the call from the clinic today, my first thought was "Hey, now this cycle might actually work after all!" It was the first time I've honestly thought that and believed it, and it was awesome.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the biggest, goofiest grin on my face right now. Life is good, and I love you, M, and your wee ones to be.

bleu said...

It is so wonderful to hear you so happy. That is just terrific news K.

N said...

That's fantastic news. :D

Lizzie said...

YAY !!!! Big smile. Over the moon for you guys.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear some more good news!!

Anonymous said...

That's great news. You must be thrilled with you little 'insurance policies'.
vee

Unknown said...

YES!!!! I'm smiling from ear to ear!

Meegs said...

Wow lady, you have some nice eggs there! ;-) Great news!!

Pufferfish said...

That is such great news! So happy for you and your snowbabies.

Heather said...

yay for snowbabies!!

Luisa said...

Bloody Ripper!
K that's the best news, they are strong little babes. Yay for siblings ;-)

great to hear you so happy after such a long road.