Wednesday, November 9, 2011

quick update

Thank you for all the reassuring comments on my last post. It's amazing how much comfort others' words and experiences can bring.

I felt awful all day yesterday - probably stayed up too late the night before, stressing and blogging - so that relieved some of my worries as well. Next objective is to start enjoying the breaks in The Sick when they come along rather than stressing about the underlying cause of them. I'm afraid that's easier said than done, but I'm gonna give it a go.

Thanks for the doppler feedback, too. I am still on the fence. I think I'm going to try to wait for my appointment on the 18th and see how much trouble my doctor has. If she finds them easily, maybe I'll be able to as well. If she struggles, that might be a rabbit hole I'm better off avoiding. I wish I knew someone locally who had one I could borrow just to try it out, but I can't think of anyone who might. We haven't spilled the news on FB yet, but maybe once we do, I can put out the call. :-)

2 comments:

anofferingoflove said...

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. I like your plan - the 18th will be here before you know it!

tbean said...

Oh K. You know I love you, right? But your last post really made me giggle. Especially the line "I still feel pregnant but I feel pregnant with one not with two." Oh how I DON'T miss the crazy of those early pregnancy days. It is so hard. So so hard. I remember the crippling fear, the anxious googling, the restless and constant "checking in" on my symptoms. The heart-stopping fear that if something was wrong, how would I ever every pick of the pieces and go on?

Now that I'm finally getting to comment, days and days later, I hope you are in a better place. (And you are in the double digits now! Hooray 10 weeks!)

I set up all my early appts so I never had more than a 2ww between checks in the beginning. The longest stretch I had to go was between the nuchal at week 12 and my next monthly ob appt in week 16. (And that was a hard and long stretch, esp. b/c it was before feeling movement.) But I toughed it out and didn't get the doppler and I'm glad I didn't. My best friend is an MD who does ob work and she absolutely won't try with the doppler on her patients before week 11. My own ob practice never used the doppler on me. At every appt. they just scanned me to confirm two heartbeats. Their feeling was that it was too hard, with twins, to get accurate heartbeat readings on a doppler so they didn't even bother. I even remember a particularly terrifying ten minutes when I was in the hospital in week 25 and they couldn't get the Lion's heartbeat on doppler. Week 25! All these experiences absolutely convinced me that a home doppler would have been more heartache than help.

Hang in there and email me if you need to.

hugs and love...you are doing great mama!