Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lupron 2.0

Last night's injection had it's own pros and cons, but was an improvement overall, I think. It was definitely less painful. Lucky placement, most likely. I also think above the belly button works better for me than below, but I'll be interested to see if that theory holds up over the next few weeks. On the other hand, I developed an annoying little red patch around the injection site. No big deal, just a little itchy and it went away pretty quickly.

As for my plan to change out the needle, it turns out the needles on the Lupron syringes aren't switchable. M and I puzzled over this for a while because we both clearly remember being instructed to switch them during orientation, but then we decided it was only for the PIO injections. There was so much info to absorb that day! We don't have the PIO syringes yet but hopefully the needles will be swap-able. If not... eh, whatever. We'll figure it out.

1 comment:

bleu said...

The Lupron needles are actually insulin needles and not switchable. The PIO are and you will thank Goddess because they come with 18 G needles usually which are like straws they are so big.
Glad it is getting easier hun.