Friday, February 29, 2008

my turn

I was tagged by inlocoparentis.

Rules:
1. Grab the nearest book of 123 pages or more.
2. Open it to page 123.
3. Find the first 5 sentences and write them down.
4. Then invite 5 friends to do the same.

Sitting next to my left foot are a stack of books from my undergraduate education currently listed on half dot com to be sold. On the top? Chicana Lesbians: The Girls Our Mothers Warned Us About.

First five sentences are:
"They're still gonna get the job at the bank, or wherever it is. They still see themselves reflected in the mass media, where we are not only made invisible, but when acknowledged, we are acknowledged very negatively. So why add one more stigma to yourself? Why take one more horrible risk to be disenfranchised from society? You have no place to go."

Wow, well if that isn't the feel-good excerpt of the day.

I wish I had 5 friends to tag, but I'm just not that popular. Actually, I think just about everyone I read regularly has already had this one. If you happen to be reading this post and you haven't already done the book thingie, please consider yourself tagged. With love. :-)

No comments: