Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving IV

This is my fourth Thanksgiving since we started trying to get pregnant and my first with a baby.

In late November of 2006, I was wrapping up my second cycle ttc. I wrote this light-hearted little post analyzing every teeny-tiny detail from our timing to my stress level, as if a change in any of those variables could have made a shred of difference for us. I had no idea how long a journey I was beginning or how broken I really was.

On Thanksgiving of 2007, I suffered a crushing BFN. I chose not to blog about the details at the time, but I referred back to it in my post about Thanksgiving 2008.

This year, we finally have our baby in our arms, and words can not express how thankful we are that he is here at last. For those of you still holding your baby in your hearts, I hope this is the last year you spend longing for one another.

No comments: