Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Beware, it's a boring one.

I'm wiped so this is going to be short and possibly probably disjointed.

The kiddo is still awake (over an hour past his bedtime) and I'm sure it's because we had the audacity to disrupt his nighttime routine with a book signing, so yeah, mother of the year again right here. Actually, M has just emerged from his bedroom, sans baby, so perhaps he IS asleep now. We'll see. She says she has doubts he's really down for the count.

My cousin is in labor, as she has been all day. She was induced yesterday afternoon from 0 dilation and 0% effacement after her water broke. As of this morning, she was only dilated a centimeter so her chances of avoiding a c-se.ction were looking grim. Amazingly, her doctor let her go quite a bit over the 24 hour mark and as of about an hour ago, we heard she had made it to 10 and was practicing pushing! I hope it is going well. I know it could still be a while. I pushed for over three hours and that still didn't get him here. What is it with babies in our family taking their sweet time coming out? The nerve!

My parents arrive tomorrow for a long visit. I'm really looking forward to seeing them, and I'm also looking forward to exploiting them for free babysitting. M and I have several dates planned already. I took advantage of their visit to take several days off work, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

Our little stander slept through the night last night. I'm not expecting it to happen again tonight... but it would be nice, wouldn't it? :-) When do Grandma and Grandpa arrive again? Grandma loves the night shift, crazy lady.

1 comment:

Inlocoparentis said...

I've been crazed and am just getting caught up on your posts. Send my love to your parents and fam - hopefully the little one will be here today!