Sunday, November 29, 2009

show and tell

Shortly after E was born, M gave me this necklace:


I'm not a big jewelry person and it's not uncommon for me to go a month or two without even remembering that I own any. When I first received this necklace, I wore it every single day. After a while, I started skipping a day here and there, and then I left it off for several days in a row, and then several weeks. It caught my eye yesterday and I put it on again. I was instantly reminded of how much I love it and how special wearing it makes me feel. There were days I didn't know if or when I'd ever get to be someone's mama, but here I am and I couldn't be more grateful.

2 comments:

Trinity said...

It's a gorgeous necklace--simple and classic. What a super meaningful gift. :)

tireegal68 said...

Beautiful! What a lovely gift:)