Friday, July 29, 2011

looking backward and forward

This is my 400th post. Interestingly, this month also marks my fifth anniversary of blogging. My first post was on July 13, 2006. Five years. It’s amazing to think of all that has been captured here: Good moments like this one and this one and this one and this one, and bad like this one and this one and this one and this one. I feel as though I’ve made real friends along the way, and I’m so grateful to all of you who have held my hand, and allowed me to share in your lives as well. Since starting this blog, I have survived infertility, experienced pregnancy and childbirth, raised an infant into toddler-hood, grieved an early pregnancy loss, and found myself on IVF’s doorstep yet again. What a wild ride. There is a lot of growth catalogued in this blog. I know this because I can hardly stand to read anything I posted during the first year. I was so pathetically bright-eyed and sure of myself. I try to go easy on the girl who wrote those posts, but mostly I just want to grab her by the shoulders and give her a good shake. I guess that’s not all bad. It’s a sign I’m evolving, right? Anyway, 400 down, 400 to go? Hmm, we’ll see about that. But I’m glad to be here today, and while I can’t say I’m thrilled to be picking the IVF torch up again, I’m feeling very grateful to have this blog and this community to help me through it.


I have a bunch of posts in the queue. Specifically:
  • Screw you, IRS. And screw the anti-gay-marriage folks, too! (A Rant in Two Acts)
  • IVF Meds… Meno-wha?!
  • Screw you, health insurance. And screw the anti-gay-marriage folks, too!
  • Beatle update
  • The recurrence of my TTC-related shopping disorder 
  • My impending move to Wor.dp.ress

I was also planning to write a vent about this blogger comment situation, along with a summary all of the comments I haven't been able to leave on your blogs over the past two weeks, but then I read this post by Jersey and it totally worked! So, I'm sharing here in hopes it can help some of you as well.


I’ll write more here soon, and hopefully more in your comment boxes now, too!

3 comments:

Inlocoparentis said...

Looking forward to all the new posts. On a side note, we used Menopur (affectionately called 'liquid fire' in my house).

tireegal68 said...

Glad to be one of your blog friends and fans. Those BBC days really reaped a huge reward for me in the form of blogging friends.
Good luck with all that is to come, congratulations on all you have achieved.
Can't wait to read some of the posts in your queue!

Meegs said...

Happy 5th and 400!! :-)