Monday, January 24, 2011

thank you

Thanks for the pep talk, everyone. Your success stories and words of encouragement really lifted me out of my funk over the weekend. Today I'm feeling hopeful and anxious to test.

M left town today and won't be back until late Wednesday night. This means I'm on my own for my next three PIO shots. I did one over the weekend to make sure I could do it and it was fine. You know, as fine as jabbing a 1.5 inch needle into your own hip can be. Elliot is NOT going to be happy with me providing a minimum of lifting, but we'll have lots of on-the-floor cuddles, I guess.

My body is working on overdrive to crank out the imaginary symptoms. My uterus has a full, crampy feeling with occassional sharper twinges, I'm having a light fertile-ish discharge (just started today), and waves of mild nausea, headache and light-headedness, although I'm pretty sure the last three are real and caused by a combination of progesterone and nerves. I'm impressed that my subconscious still remembers the ol' routine after two and a half years off. But c'mon, it's a little heavy-handed for the equivalent of 8dpo, don't you think?

3 comments:

mandy&katie said...

I don't know whether to say "I'm sorry" or "I'm excited" for your symptoms! So much baby dust to you, K!

Inlocoparentis said...

They don't sound imaginary to me!!

anofferingoflove said...

dude, you are a rockstar for doing the PIO injections yourself - i could never manage those.

keeping fingers crossed...