I went to see the NP on Thursday. She was very informative and helpful. We're not going to do an IUI this cycle, not as much because of the last minute part as because she doesn't think we need it yet. She suggested we try at least 3 months before "escalating" things. However, if this cycle doesn't work, she's ready and waiting to do an IUI for us next time around. When (if) I get my next period, I'll go in to her office two days later for a blood test to check hormone levels, then again three days after that to make The Plan. It feels good to have that set up. I think it'll make it easier to deal with this cycle not working, should we have to cross that bridge. There won't be any down time before we're moving forward again.
I don't want to say any more about the options just yet - we haven't had a chance to talk to KD about them. I'll post more after his visit next weekend. In the meantime, I just wanted to say that the appointment was great, our options for the future are promising, and I'm feeling ready to go. :-)