Friday, February 12, 2010

I have questions

M and I received a catalog in the mail a couple of weeks ago and opened it up to find this.

I am at a bit of a loss.

Question #1: Does it come with a certificate of authenticity? I mean, how can I guarantee that it is actual fairy, sorry... faerie dust and not some generic knock-off?

Question #2: Was it collected from free-range faeries or do I need to add faerie mills to my list of things to worry about? More importantly, how are the faeries compensated? For that price, it really should be fair-trade faerie dust.

Question #3: Does it come with instructions for use? I'm not familiar with the therapeutic dose of faerie dust, nor am I up to date on application methods. Is there an 800 number for user support?

And just to make sure it's them and not me... This is glitter. In a bottle. Right? I have previously purchased both items on several occasions and I'm having difficulty making their value add up to anything approaching that $68 price tag.

5 comments:

Strawberry said...

Ah, they had us fooled too. We figured $68 was really cheap for 3 faerie wishes. In the end, as the old adage goes, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. The 3 wishes we made all ended up having consequences that made us wish (ha) that we had never made those wishes and bought the faerie dust in the first place.

Buyer beware.

Trinity said...

THIS POST IS HYSTERICAL. :)

Inlocoparentis said...

Please buy this for me.

Pomegranate said...

the sad part is, if that faerie dust was cheaper, i'd be buying it.

Wishing 4 One said...

If it came with instructions and a money back guarantee I am so in.