Wednesday, October 11, 2006

on your mark

I'm off to KD's on Tuesday. Yup, that was "I'm", not "we're". Thanks to my cycle going crazy last month, I will now ovulate sometime between Wednesday and Friday of next week making it humanly impossible for M to be there. I'm more bummed for her than me. Interestingly, my parents will be in the same smallish town where KD lives the weekend before I get there. Weird. Good thing they aren't staying 48 hours longer or there'd be a halfway decent chance I'd run into them somewhere and THAT would be hard to explain! (We're trying not to tell the 'rents anything until we can say we're officially PG.)

The timing thing sucks, for sure, and it has me fairly stressed out. Each day I have to take off work to accomodate these mid-week trips is one less vacation day I'll have for maternity leave. Beside that, work is insane right now and there's no way I can get all my stuff done before I leave. Fortunately I got the okay from my boss for some telecommuting time while I'm out. That will help. The really annoying part is my future cycles are messed up too, so if this try doesn't work, the next few tries fall on bad days of the week as well. Before things got out of whack, my ovulation fell mostly on weekends for the next 3-4 months, or immediately after weekends which means weekend travel would be sufficient. Timing inseminations is kind of like bidding on the Price is Right - you want to get as close to ovulation time without going over. So, you can inseminate successfully up to 5 days before ovulation, but only up to 12 or 24 hours after. The way things are situated now, the weekend before is too early and the weekend after is too late. I'm just venting and probably not even making any sense here so I should just leave it with "the timing sucks."

Speaking of sucky timing, I got a call yesterday from a Nurse Practitioner who we were hoping would sign off on us inseminating at home but due to all the mixed messages out there, I cancelled my appointment (for tomorrow) because I decided she couldn't help us. Then, of course, I second-guessed myself and snuck her a letter through a professional network (long story), and lo and behold, she called yesterday and she CAN help. Of course she can. I'm fairly sure it's too late to bring her on board this cycle, so I guess we'll make an appointment with her if this try doesn't work. It's kind of funny though, every time we think we have our shit figured out, something changes. I guess it's good practice for parenting!

So, I'm kinda stressed, which is no good, but I'm doing everything I can think of to combat it. I went to a yoga class on Monday night with a new instructor and she kicked. my. ass. I'm still so sore I can hardly move. Hmmm, not exactly what I had in mind. LOL!

No comments: